- The most recent, reliable medical research shows that high levels of PCBs may cause Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.
- Every day more and more NHL victims are having their voices heard by standing up for their rights.
- The term PCB is short for Polychlorinated biphenyl, a chemical that does NOT exist in nature.
- PCBs are considered carcinogenic to humans by the World Health Organization.
- PCBs were manufactured by Monsanto, the same company that has manufactured Agent Orange, DDT, and genetically engineered seed (GMO’s).
- Many different products contained PCBs including: adhesives and tapes, oil-based paint, caulking, plastics, insulation, carbonless copy paper, floor finish, electrical equipment, and some industrial oils.
Toxicity of PCBs:
- As early as the 1930’s companies knew that there were health problems associated with PCBs. For example, internal memos from Monsanto discuss workers who died of liver failure after exposure to PCBs.
- PCB production was banned in 1979, but virtually every person alive today has some PCBs in their bodies.
- From the 1920’s until their ban, an estimated three billion pounds of PCBs were made.
- PCBs can pass from mother to child during pregnancy and through breast milk. You can also ingest PCBs by eating fish, poultry, eggs, dairy, and meat.
What to Do:
- If you or a loved one was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, fill out the form on this page to learn more.
If you were diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and would like to find out – free of charge – whether PCBs may have caused your cancer, please fill-out the form below. You will be contacted by a law firm that specializes in representing people diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.